BBEdit 14 is out and has added a new “Notes” feature, which provides a large variety of ways to create notes that automatically save themselves, and, perhaps more important, automatically title themselves so that you don’t end up wondering which of your 305 “untitled text” documents is the one you’re looking for.
BBEdit 14 enables several new features and significant improvements to its built-in coding aids for developers, including:
- Enhanced language-specific text completions;
- Improved Find Definition;
- Assistance for specifying function parameters;
- New code-navigation features;
- In-window highlighting of syntax and semantic issues;
- Language-specific document reformatting.
These feature improvements are the result of new built-in support for the Language Server Protocol (“LSP”) by which user-installed local “language servers” implement key language-sensitive behaviors.