Massachusetts man swallows AirPod in his sleep

Amber Neely, AppleInsider:

After being unable to locate one of his AirPods, a Massachusetts man’s trip to the emergency turned it up in an unlikely place.


I went back out in the morning and shoveled [snow] for an hour,” he told WWLP News 22. “When I came in, I tried to drink a glass of water again and couldn’t,” said Gauthier.

Gauthier’s family joked that maybe he’d swallowed it, but the idea felt “too coincidental.” A trip to the emergency room lead to an x-ray, which lead his doctor to discover the AirPod lodged in his esophagus.

I can’t imagine doing this. But there it is, on the X-Ray. Crazy. I wonder if this will impact his warranty.