JPMorgan Chase put out a mass mailing this morning trumpeting their newly announced Apple Pay partnership. Here’s the banner from the mailing:
Note the Apple Pay logo using the embedded Apple logo. Also note, in the prose below, the reference “when available in October”:
Introducing a new way to pay from Apple® and Chase
Chase is excited to join Apple in announcing Apple PayTM. It’s an easy, secure and private way to pay and will be available soon with the new iPhone® 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
We’re proud to partner with Apple to support this exciting new way to pay. Apple Pay, like our award-winning Chase Mobile® App, is another way we’re committed to providing the tools you need to manage your finances on-the-go.
So what is Apple Pay?
• Apple Pay will allow you to use the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to pay for purchases in stores and online at participating merchants with the touch of your finger. And as you’d expect from Apple, it’ll be incredibly easy to use.
• Featuring the latest technology, Apple Pay is secure. Your account number is not stored on your phone, and only your fingerprint can authorize a payment.
Using your Chase card with Apple Pay will be easy
• You’ll still enjoy all the benefits, service, and rewards your current Chase card offers.
• Once your card is set up on iPhone 6, you can checkout and pay quickly.
• When available in October, many Chase Visa® credit and debit cards will be supported.
Watch for more details on using your Chase Visa card with this great new feature once it becomes available. In the meantime, to learn more about Apple Pay, visit Apple Pay.
Thank you for choosing Chase.