I was surprised with how many PlayBook fans were upset when I compared the device to the iPad 2. So I thought I’d try again.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250 in story]According to the emails I received, a comparison between the PlayBook and iPad 2 wasn’t fair. These comments came despite the fact that RIM’s co-CEOs blathered on about how much better the PlayBook was than the iPad.
So if comparing the iPad 2 isn’t fair, what is? There aren’t very many modern devices that don’t allow its users to send email or work with calendars.
So I went old school for this head-to-head. The PlayBook vs. the Etch A Sketch:
- Etch A Sketch can’t get on the Internet Neither can the Playbook
- Etch A Sketch can’t send email neither can the PlayBook
- Kids love the Etch A Sketch Kids don’t get the PlayBook
- Adults can understand and use the Etch A Sketch Adults don’t get the PlayBook
- The Etch A Sketch can’t do Flash PlayBook does Flash
- You can create cool pics with the Etch A Sketch PlayBook has Flash
- Etch A Sketch has amazing sales PlayBook not so much
- Etch A Sketch has never been recalled PlayBook was recalled in the first month
- You can shake Etch A Sketch and erase the screen Some PlayBooks don’t work whether you shake them or not
- Etch A Sketch is featured in award winning films PlayBook has its own flash commercials
- You don’t need a Blackberry to use an Etch A Sketch PlayBook needs a BlackBerry to get online
- Etch A Sketch has had one model for decades PlayBook announced 3 models before shipping anything