Apple has released Safari 5.0.4, an update to its Web browser for Mac OS X and Windows. The new version is available for download through the Software Update system preference and through Apple’s Web site.
Changes to Safari 5.0.4 include:
- Improved stability for webpages with multiple instances of plug-in content
- Improved compatibility with webpages with image reflections and transition effects
- A fix for an issue that could cause some webpages to print with incorrect layouts
- A fix for an issue that could cause content to display incorrectly on webpages with plug-ins
- A fix for an issue that could cause a Screen Saver to appear while video is playing in Safari
- Improved compatibility with VoiceOver on webpages with text input areas and lists with selectable items
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver
System requirements call for Mac OS X 10.5.8 or Mac OS X 10.6.5 or later.