After announcing it at a special event in New York just minutes ago, The Daily is now available on the App Store.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250 in story]The Daily has been designed specifically for the iPad, although there will be a Web site component as well. During the unveiling of the product, the team made it clear that many features of the magazine were made with the iPad’s touchscreen in mind.
The Daily will over just about everything: breaking news, sports, pop culture, entertainment, apps, games, technology, opinion, celebrity gossip and more.
The Daily includes:
- Over 100 pages of original content every single day of the year
- Original HD videos
- 360-degree photos you can explore by swiping
- Immersive photography
- Interactive charts, info-graphics and clickable hot spots
- Saving articles to read later
- Sharing Web-friendly versions of articles via Twitter, Facebook and e-mail
- Your favorite sports teams’ scores, news and photos
- In-app commenting — including audio comments
- Your local weather
- New crossword and sudoku puzzles every day