Apple has posted an update to iTunes to bring it to version 10.0.1. The update is available for download using the Software Update system preference.
iTunes 10.0.1 improves Ping, Apple’s maligned social networking service for iTunes, by making it easier to share information about your music with people you’ve connected to on Ping.
“You can now Like or Post about music right from your iTunes library,” noted Apple. “You can also easily see the recent activity of a selected artist in your library, or of all artists and friends you follow on Ping using the new Ping Sidebar.”
Bug fixes include the following, according to the release notes for iTunes 10.0.1:
- Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
- Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
- Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
- Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries.