There are going to be some happy Facebook users on the iPhone very soon. The company announced on Sunday that the newest version of its Facebook app has been submitted to Apple’s App Store, but it won’t have Push notification. The new version includes a lot of new features, including a brand new interface design. In addition, some features that were available on the Web that were not in the iPhone app have been added.
First reported by Inside Facebook, the new Facebook 3.0 will include:
- The “new” News Feed
- Events (including the ability to RSVP)
- Create new photo albums
- Upload photos to any album
- Zoom into photos
- Easier photo tagging
- Profile Pictures albums
- A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
- Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
- Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
- Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
- Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call
The one feature that Facebook users have been asking for on the iPhone — Push Notification — will not make it in this version, according to the company. Users will have to wait until version 3.1, which the company said will come later this year.